Thursday, September 9, 2010

Daycare issues solved

This morning I dropped mom off before 8:00 and headed over to the WorkSource to find out about the assistance for low income and single parents. When I was first checking the guy at the door asked if I had my current case paper with the Attorney General's Office and I briefly explained my situation with Dawson's dad. He said I could talk to a case worker but he wasn't sure if it was going to be okay or not.

So we (Dawson and I) wait there for almost an hour and they finally call a group of us back to a small room, thankfully I was the first one to go to the case worker so it didn't go on forever like it could have. Long story, less long is that I cannot get assistance unless I have a current case with the Attorney General's Office trying to get child support from his dad. Well that's not an option so I am out of luck.

Of course I left in tears trying to figure out how I was going to afford the $130 a week in daycare. I called mom up and she said to call around some more especially since I wasn't THRILLED with the one I did find for that amount. I called the list that they gave me at the Early Learning Center and was just about to the end of the list when I called TLC. The lady was SUPER nice and the price is AWESOME. It's only $80 a week!!!

She suggested that I drive out there and see the center before 11:30 when the kids laid down for their naps so Dawson and I headed out there. Tarkington is the next town over from Cleveland and it's about 8 miles down the road from my house so it's not to bad, the worst part is it's 2 lane country roads which I hate but oh well gotta get used to them lol....

We got there and Elmo was painted on the front window so Dawson was so very excited. I loved the director and we got a tour of the daycare. We met every teacher and saw his classroom. They are going to go ahead and try him out in the 2 year old room since he'll be 2 in two months. All the kids said hello to him and he just ran off to play and even walked to lunch with them. :-)

I feel 1000% better about this place AND it's $50 cheaper! So officially my daycare issues are solved, his first day is Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment