Thursday, September 2, 2010

An old friend?

I recently got back in touch with an old friend, we actually dated back in 1997. We broke up because I felt he was getting to close to me and at the time I wasn't looking for that and was going through my big mess of a life. Through the years I've wondered how he was and what happened to him. We had mutual friends but he moved to Pearland and kinda lost touch with everyone. He got married, had a daughter and lived his life.


Well he's now divorced (it's about to be finalized on the 16th, they've been separated twice now but this time is it) and 3 nights ago friends requested me on Facebook because he saw me on our friend Christi's page (she was how we met the first time). I accepted him curious to see what he'd been up to and to say hey. Well we've been talking every night and this morning he texted me a good morning as my wake up alarm.

It's nice because there's no pressure, we've agreed to be friends and see where it goes from there. We had a good thing back then and I was basically a fool not ready for anything. We agree that the timing wasn't right then and we're both open to see where things go from here. Of course there are almost 15 years gone by and 3 kids in the mix now but it could just make things better, only time will tell. He knows EVERYTHING there is to know about my "issue" and it's not one with him so that's another nice thing about this.

I'm excited but cautious! Just had to share, things could be turning around for me in many aspects of my life. It's about time!

No comments:

Post a Comment