Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Daycare woes...

Well I went today to get Dawson all signed up for daycare with the Early Learning Child Development program to find out that they have a waiting list and there are at least 4 kids in front of him. So of course being me, I start to panic. Well they gave me a list of daycares in Cleveland and I go to one to check it out. $130 a week!!! UGH, how in the world do parents make it???!?!?

So I decided to get the paperwork from them but then go back to the ELC place and put him on the waiting list, after all maybe it would go by fast. Well she's going over the rules with me and you have to pick him up at 3:30, I don't get off of work until 5 so that's not going to work anyways.

On my way home I realized that one of the machines that the $130 place had was a machine for "NCI", (NCI is Texas' aide for single/low income parents with daycare) so I called them back and sure enough they accept it.

I called the WorkForce Solutions place (where you apply for NCI) and got the list of things I needed to apply and then called my boss to have him fax a letter with the info they needed. I'm goint to be there in the morning when they open.

I really hope that they will help in some way, anything will help

No comments:

Post a Comment