Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Interview today

Today was my interview...

I found it pretty easily, it literally is right around the corner from Chuck's house. I'm talking like less than 6 minutes and we'd shop at the same Kroger, Walmart, gas stations, etc... That might be kinda odd but it also could come in handy too so we'll see what happens there.

The apartment complex is GORGEOUS, they are really well kept grounds, and they have a business center, fitness center, wifi at the pools, etc etc.. Very competive with the high end apartments around here. Oh and you get to drive a golf cart to show apartments! lol... There are 390 apartments compared to the 106 I'm used to but the amount really doesn't make that much of a difference I would think.

I was a little early so I took a look at the brochure with floorplans on it while I waited for him to be ready for me. They have FIFTEEN different floor plans! goodness gracious!!!

Finally I met with Johnny the manager of the complex. He was ..hmmmm, how to put this??? He was a little "odd" I guess is a way of putting it. He kind of contradicted himself several times but said himself that he did NOT interview well (no joke, he totally sucked at it.. lol....) After I met with him I met the assistant manager who I really clicked with and she was really nice and helpful.

I went and saw a model apartment and they are really nice both inside and out. Most of the apartments have a garage and you can pay an extra $20 a month for a full size washer and dryer. NICE....

The thing that was really confusing is that the listing for the job was really specific on job duties, when they were listed out they were the duties of an asst manager or event cooridinator or something like that. Here is the link to the listing http://houston.craigslist.org/rej/1784977733.html Well the position is really for a leasing consultant. I would work Tuesday - Saturday 9-6

Childcare is REALLY going to be an issue on Saturdays so I don't know what's going to end up happening if I do get called back for a second interview. Mom plans on moving back to Deer Park with David when we all split houses up, so I'm not sure what will happen.

All in all it will be an awesome opportunity, I'd be able to get a 3 bedroom apartment for $750 which is an AWESOME rate and the hourly rate isn't bad either. Plus I would get commision off the leases I make.

The way I'm looking at it right now is I'm going to see if I get called back for the second interview and will then go from there.

No comments:

Post a Comment