Friday, June 4, 2010

Mammogram

Today was my mammogram, I got there almost an hour early so I went ahead and signed in to see if maybe they could get me in early. They said no that it wouldn't happen but they ended up calling me back about 30 minutes before my scheduled appointment. Oh the fun of mammograms, you sit in this waiting room with this smock type top thingy on and try not to look anyone directly in the eyes because you're terrified that you are flashing them lol.. The good thing is that you're so focused on not flashing anyone that you forget to be nervous. :-)

So she calls me back and we talk about my lump, she sticks a sticker where it is at so that we make sure it shows up clear on the film. The actual procedure is really a breeze, I did learn to NOT go when you are about to start your period though OUCH talk about tender! lol... Next is my ultrasound, I HATE HATE HATE this part. ALot of it has to do with that I feel incredibly nausous whenever I lay flat on my back so I always have to deal with that, the other is that they push REALLY hard to see if they can see the full lump. My original lump was on my right side but when she was on my left doing the ultrasound I felt another one when she moved over a spot, she felt it too so she calld in the doctor. Doctor comes in a looks at my previous films and then does more ultrasound and decides that ALL my lumps are just the cystic kind and nothing to be concerned about, WHEW!!!

Turns out that I have very cysty breasts and I just need to learn where they are at and watch for any changes, I'm also on the yearly track now because of my family history of cancer.

So I'm done with that for another year! THANK GOODNESS!

No comments:

Post a Comment